News on beer
- Florida's 'chainsaw nun' inspires new beer
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 09:45:00 GMT - You’ve seen the nun. Now drink the beer. It became one of the iconic images of Florida’s attempt to bounce back from Hurricane Irma: A nun using a chainsaw to help cut down a fallen tree. The video, shot Sept. 12 by members of the Miami-Dade Police ...
- Hardcore beer chugger downs 6 beers in 40 seconds with A LEAF BLOWER
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 07:02:00 GMT - Humans are remarkable creatures. From space travel to world-altering works in science and mathematics, to this man in his garage drinking a six-pack in 40 seconds using a leaf blower. Basically the force of the leaf blower is operating like a one-person ...
- Beer lovers, take note: University of Washington lab brews up a new way to make paper
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 08:35:00 GMT - Kurt Haunreiter, the lab manager in the University of Washington’s Paper and Bioresource Science Center, holds up some of his spent beer grain paper. (GeekWire Photo / Kurt Schlosser) There were pretzels and there was a guy dressed in lederhosen.
- Restaurant openings: Gibson's Italia, ramen, poke and beer
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 12:47:00 GMT - Situated right on the western bank where the Chicago River forks, Gibsons Italia boasts three levels from which you can gaze at the canyon of buildings casting their reflection on the slow-moving water. A short elevator ride from the street-level lobby ...
- ‘Nun With a Chainsaw’ isn’t a horror flick. It’s a beer inspired by a Miami nun
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 08:31:00 GMT - In Miami, a nun wielding a chainsaw might be met with a chorus of “Because Miami” jaded posts on Facebook. But even still, the image of Sister Margaret Ann, in full habit, slicing through tree debris strewn along the roads after Hurricane Irma with a ...
- The world's best beer sommelier
- Sat, 21 Oct 2017 19:30:00 GMT - Local- and craft beers are becoming more popular. World champion beer sommelier Stephan Hilbrandt has a refined sense of taste when it comes to the amber liquid! He knows which beer goes best with which food.
- Mendocino’s Mushroom, Wine and Beer Fest is deliciously on
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:10:00 GMT - Mendocino is well known for its spectacular coastline and rolling vineyards. Last week, it was known for wine country wildfires, as well. Some 37,000 acres were devastated and several wineries were destroyed in the conflagration. But plans are moving ...
- What beer are you drinking now? #1828
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 13:32:00 GMT - Good morning BA, have a great Sunday! Looking to be another nice day. Nothing planned for today other than my normal Sunday errands. Got NBS BIF stuff to review later on including a mystery beer. Beers this morning: Not as hazy as last year, but just as ...
- Dancing, fun and beer: Oktoberfest rolling along in Tulsa
- Sat, 21 Oct 2017 15:11:00 GMT - With beer taps flowing and crowds adorned in traditional German garb, the 2017 Tulsa Linde Oktoberfest has been “Wunderbar!” according to event organizer Tonja Carrigg. Adults — some with chicken hats on their heads and most with pints of beer in ...
- Beer, Brats and Trains: Celebrate Oktoberfest by taking a ride on the Georgetown Loop Railway
- Sun, 22 Oct 2017 11:37:00 GMT - Looking for a unique way to celebrate Oktoberfest? The Georgetown Loop Railway is celebrating with beer, brats and trains every weekend this month. Catch a ride on a train from a bygone era. Then, toast your journey through the Colorado mountains with beer ...