News on beer
- Beer Baron: With new IIPA, One Barrel joins revolt against bombers
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 03:21:00 GMT - The bomber market just ain’t what it used to be. Brewers and beer fans — perhaps not quite in that order — are increasingly turning their backs on the 22-ounce, individually sold bottles, and the latest evidence comes from One Barrel Brewing in the ...
- CMO Today: WPP Suffers Hack; Brunch Beer; Verizon Pursues Carrier Data Tie-Ups
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 05:08:00 GMT - Good morning. Yesterday was frantic for WPP, which was among the many companies hit by a global cyberattack. The so-called Petya virus, a form of ransomware, infiltrated company networks and locked some computers, demanding payment in bitcoin for them to ...
- It’s Not Just Beer: the Craftication of Everything
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 04:10:00 GMT - Not being habitual wearers of perfume we had no idea there was such a thing as ‘niche fragrances’ until last week when we heard a report about them on the radio promoting this exhibition at Somerset House. Now, bear with us as we stumble clumsily ...
- Alcohol-infused flavored ice for your beer? Ohio startup wants to spice up your Bud Light
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 04:39:00 GMT - An Ohio startup has created a new product to simultaneously keep your beer cold, while spicing up otherwise lackluster brew. A Cincinnati startup has created a new product to simultaneously keep your beer cold, while spicing up otherwise lackluster brew.
- WTAM 5-minute beer podcast: Ohio Brewing party, more
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 03:31:00 GMT - We recently checked out Fat Head's operations in Portland, one of the nation's best areas for craft beer. The brewery opened two and a half years ago in the city's Pearl District. We captured a few sights and sounds in a short video and several photos.
- This Is What Happens To Your Body If You Drink Beer Regularly
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 04:33:00 GMT - There are lots of stories in the web where you’ll read about people giving up their bad habits for a healthy life. But have you heard people doing the opposite of it? What will be the consequences if someone does the opposite of it? Whether there will be ...
- HOOPS ON HOPS: How and why glassware adds to your enjoyment of beer
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 02:10:00 GMT - Beer has a bit of a journey to make to end up in your stomach. In fact, it has to pass some pretty rigorous and protective barricades — our sensory shield — before it's allowed in. The senses are the messengers to the control room we call the brain ...
- Craft fights back against ‘big beer’ with independent seal
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 03:22:00 GMT - The US Brewer’s Association (BA) has introduced a new seal to indicate craft beers that have been brewed by independent brewers in response to the number of big beer owners snapping up craft breweries and releasing their own ‘craft beer’ brands.
- Demand high for revived World's Fair Beer
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 04:56:00 GMT - Demand high for revived World's Fair Beer The beer is being produced for the 35th anniversary of the World’s Fair that took Knoxville by storm in 1982. Check out this story on knoxnews.com: http://knoxne.ws/2tWnbPT
- Tapping a New Part of the Craft-Beer Market
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 04:04:00 GMT - At Lucky Town Brewing Company, the sounds of loud music and construction consume the space. Barrels sit along the wall, and large mash tuns sit in a line across from each other. Despite the construction, the aroma of beer is pungent. Though the brewery is ...